Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ready, Set, ACTION!

I am such a rookie when it comes to photography and photoshop.
My momma uses my computer occasionally for her yearbook course, so she loaded photoshop on it so that she can work from home (whenever I'm home, that is.)

Yeah, there's obviously a total benefit to having a teaching mom.
Conflict of interest?  I like to think not.

But I digress.
I'm totally digging Photoshop actions right now. 
The Pioneer Woman has some AMAZING ones for FREE.  Yes.  Free.
Oh, and there's this nifty little site, Coffee Shop Photography, that also has about a bazillion free actions too.

I simply can't get over how easy these things are to use!  
I've learned so much about layers simply by playing around with these.  
And they are sooooooo fun. 
And a great way to procrastinate.

Anywho.
Back to the original plan for this post.
Thought I'd share with you some of the amazingness that is a Photoshop action.

Remember how I went to Ruidoso and only took pictures of deer?

Here is the Straight Out of the Camera (SOOC) shot of the buck who so willingly posed for my camera.

 

Not too pretty huh?  I was quite a distance from this big guy, and I don't have a mega zoom lens or anything, so this was the best I could do.
And it was evening. 
And cloudy.
And I'm amateur photographer remember, thus...a not-so-pretty pic.

But Photoshop saved the day!

I tweaked this baby with the Boost and Define and Sharpen actions from Pioneer Woman.
And this is what I got:



It's pretty good, but I wanted more.
So I boosted again.

And WA-BAM!
Now we're in business!



So much fun.
And really simple.
Photoshop is quickly becoming very addicting.
But I'm ok with that.

And even though it's not a Laughter Monday, all this deer talk has brought 2 jokes to mind.


What do you call a deer with no eyes?


No eyed deer.
(no idea)



What do you call a deer with no eyes AND no legs?



Still no eyed deer.

Just cracks me up. 

Happy day, me dears! 
(pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment